What is Stephen Ministry?
Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A Stephen Minister is . . .
- A congregation member with gifts for caregiving who was carefully selected to serve in this role
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports and encourages a person who is hurting
- Someone who will “be there” for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for about an hour each week, for as long as there is a need.
- If you — or someone you know — could benefit from the care of a Stephen Minister . . .
- If you are interested in possibly becoming a Stephen Minister . . .
- If you have any other questions about Stephen Ministry . . .
. . . talk with one of our pastors who will put you in contact with a Stephen Leader.