LOGOS is open to all children and youth, ages four years through high school, their families, and church members of all ages! During the Fall and Spring Sessions, LOGOS meets from 5:00-7:15 p.m. Registration is ongoing. If you need more information or have any questions, please call the Christian Education Office at 304-343-8961.
What We Believe-
We believe that nothing is more important than an abundant life-giving relationship with God through Jesus Christ. We also believe that everyone is a child of God and should be treated with the love, respect, and dignity that are found in Jesus’ great commandment to us.
Our Key Practices are:
- Christian Relationships: A strong scriptural-based understanding of who God is in our lives, the nature of our personal relationship with God, and the resulting impact on our relationships with others because of God’s presence in our lives.
- Balanced Ministry: A requirement that ministry addresses and engages the mind, soul, and body in a disciple-making process that teaches and provides an opportunity to practice faith.
- Process of Call: A scriptural-directed approach for aligning personal gifts and efforts with the needs of a ministry or mission that results from God’s purpose and plan.
What We Do-
The LOGOS Ministry is composed of four important elements:
- Family Time: Over a shared, cross-generational meal, a joyous celebration of being the family of God is had.
- Recreation/Play: Great fun at the expense of no one else ?????
- Worship skills: As disciples, worship is our primary service. Worship skill development includes music, both choral and instrumental.
- Bible Time: During this time, our goal is to creatively nurture ours and our children’s intelligence, obedience and discipleship.
As a church community program, many are called to serve God with their knowledge, skills, hands, and love. Parents commit to helping, but other members throughout the church and of various ages are crucial to the programs success.
We have many tasks for anyone who wishes to help with the LOGOS ministry. These tasks include :
- planning menus and themes
- setting the meal tables
- kitchen clean up
- being a Table Parent
- nursery care
- teaching or assisting with Bible Time, Worship Skills and Recreation Time.