Scatter to Serve Workday
The Mission Division is excited to kick-off the sign-ups for what we hope is only the first of many First Presbyterian Scatter to Serve Workdays. On April 21, we will gather in the Dining Room at 8:00 a.m. to enjoy a wonderful breakfast, courtesy of the Presbyterian Women. Then, the captain of each project will gather their troops and swarm out into the community to do our work. Many of the jobs are appropriate for families to work on together. For families with small children, childcare will be provided at the church. If we have more volunteers than anticipated, we can add another project or two. There is much to be done in our community!
Our projects are:
- Children’s Home Society- Group activity with youth: canvas painting with Janet Chambers and baking pepperoni rolls
- East End Family Resource Center- Cleaning up four community gardens: two large, two small; and planting greens such as kale and lettuce.
- Faith in Action- Light construction at 2-3 local homes of FIA clients.
- Patchwork (Daymark)- Yard work such as removing debris, as well as mulching and planting flowers.
- Rea of Hope- Mulching at three Rea of Hope residences.
Click the button below to sign up!