Scatter to Serve Workdays
The Mission Division proudly kicked off the first First Presby Scatter to Serve Workday on April 21. Volunteers met in the Dining Room for a delicious breakfast prepared by the Presbyterian Women, then the captain of each project gathered their troops and scattered throughout the community to work at five local organizations. These projects included:
- Children’s Home Society- Group activity with youth: canvas painting with Janet Chambers and baking pepperoni rolls
- East End Family Resource Center- Cleaning up four community gardens: two large, two small; and planting greens such as kale and lettuce.
- Faith in Action- Light construction at 2-3 local homes of FIA clients.
- Patchwork (Daymark)- Yard work such as removing debris, as well as mulching and planting flowers.
- Rea of Hope- Mulching at three Rea of Hope residences.