[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]Sunday School for the Elementary Children is called Godly Play. The Godly Play curriculum engages what is most exciting about religious education: God inviting us into—and pursuing us in the midst of—Scripture and spiritual experience. Godly Play practice teaches us to listen for God and to make authentic and creative responses to God’s call in our lives.
So, what is Godly Play?
- Godly Play is a creative, imaginative approach to Christian formation and spiritual guidance.
- Godly Play has a foundation of 40+ years of research and practice.
- Godly Play values process, openness, discovery, community and relationships.
- Godly Play models the worship life, stories, symbols and rituals of Christian congregations.
- Godly Play allows practitioners to make relevant and personal theological meaning.
- Godly Play nurtures participants to larger dimensions of belief and faith through wondering and play.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]We are not meeting for the summer, but Godly Play will resume in September. We will miss you!
All children in grades 1-5 are welcomed into this loving atmosphere to learn about God and His Love. We meet in the chapel at 9:15 on Sunday mornings, and make our way to the Godly Play room on the third floor of the education building. We are guided by teachers who are guided by Christ to teach us how to embrace what we learn during church. For full information on Godly Play from the creators, follow this link. One Sunday of every month, we gather to make 200 sandwiches for Manna Meal. To learn more about our Manna Meal Ministry, click here.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]