FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Responsibility: To manage dining facilities at First Presbyterian Church, and to plan purchase and prepare meals, receptions and other events at the direction of the Leadership Staff.
Relationship and Accountabilities: This position reports to the Business Administrator for daily operations and to the Pastor and Fellowship and Recreation Division for policy decisions. The cook/hostess works closely with the Director of Child/Family Ministry for the LOGOS program and the Presbyterian Women for monthly luncheons.
- Provide the congregation and guests with nutritious, appetizing food at a reasonable cost through sound menu-planning and judicious purchasing.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of supplies and equipment for church fellowship functions.
- Create a pleasant work atmosphere to incorporate the services of church volunteers and staff in meal preparation and service when applicable.
- Provide coffee carts for church functions when requested.
- Maintain the cleanliness and functioning of the kitchen and dining facilities to meet federal, state, and local regulations as applicable.
- Report any needed maintenance of the facility or equipment to the Property Manager and the Business Administrator.
- Submit all purchase invoices/packing lists weekly to the Financial Secretary for verification and/or payment.
- Submit expense reports monthly for reimbursement of personal expenses such as mileage.
- Maintain work time cards for payroll.
- Act as authorized employee for Sam’s Wholesale membership account.
- Secure the property of First Presbyterian Church by following procedures for facility lock-up, cash-box management, and other means as directed by the Property Manager and/or Business Administrator.
- Attend meetings as directed by the Business Administrator and/or the Pastor.
Terms of Employment: This is a part-time non-exempt position, paid at an hourly rate, working on an “as needed” basis. During the school year weekly Wednesday dinners, and two monthly Thursday luncheons are regularly scheduled. Other events occur throughout the year. Occasional weekend work may be required. This job description does not state or imply that these are the only responsibilities. Upon the direction of the session, the Business Administrator and/or the Pastor, these responsibilities are subject to change.